IMEI numbers use to be one of the hardest things to change in your mobile device. Well not anymore. You can now easily change and restore your IMEI number without root using free-to-download play store apps. Sounds a bit too easy and it kind of is. You should do an IMEI check before doing any change to IMEI info.
So in this article, we will show you how you can change your IMEI Number without Root. It requires patience but with this method, you can easily restore or change your IMEI Number.
Note: Changing your IMEI Number is illegal in many countries. You can restore your IMEI number in case there is an error. But changing your IMEI number for any other illegal purposes is punishable by law in certain countries. We are not responsible for your actions and this tutorial is for educational purposes. Do not misuse this knowledge for nefarious purposes.
You may also be interested in Best Websites to get Fake Phone Numbers for Free
Table of contents
- Method 1: How to change your IMEI Number without root using MTK Engineering Mode APK
- Method 2: How to change IMEI Number without root using the Mobile Uncle Tool:
- Method 3: How to change IMEI number Without root and without using any Tools
- Disadvantages of changing your IMEI number
Method 1: How to change your IMEI Number without root using MTK Engineering Mode APK
Step 1: Open Google play store and download the MTK Engineering Mode app on your android device.
Step 2: Now open the app “MTK Engineering Mode”. Click on MTK Settings as shown in the image below:
Step 3: Click on the connectivity option by swiping as shown in the image below:
Step 4: Click on the CDS Information tab as shown below.
Step 5: Now you need to select the following option “Radio Information”.
Step 6: Now, you will be able to see that there are two options named Phone 1 and Phone 2 in the phone information section.
Note: If you are using a single sim android phone then it will show you phone 1 only.
Step 7: Click on phone 1 option and then you have to type the following code
AT+ EGMR=1,7,” Your 1st IMEI Number” then click on SEND AT COMMAND button as shown in the image below:
NOTE:- There is the space between + and E.
Step 8: Now go back and click/tap on phone 2 then you have to type this command as shown below:
AT+ EGMR=1,10,” Your 2nd IMEI Number” then click on SEND AT COMMAND button.
That’s it save your settings and restart the system Now check your IMEI number by typing *#06#.
It should show the new IMEI Numbers as shown in the image below:
Method 2: How to change IMEI Number without root using the Mobile Uncle Tool:
In order to change the IMEI you just need a Tool called Mobile Uncle Tool. You can download its APK on your Android Phone from the link below. Follow the steps give below-given to use the Mobile Uncle Tool to change the IMEI:
- Step 1. The first thing you need to do is to of all, download Mobile Uncle APK on your Android Phone from here. The tool has not been updated for a while but it still works for most devices.
- Step 2. After downloading the Mobile Uncle Tool APK File, just install it on your android phone. Now once that is done open the app and you will see the following options shown below:
- Step 3. Now from the following options Select Engineer > Engineer Mode (MTK) as shown in the image below:
- Step 4. Now Scroll down and find the CDS Information as shown in the image below, and then click on to proceed with changing of IMEI
- Step 5. Now as shown in the image below click on Radio Information option. This will show you two options in the app called Phone 1 and Phone 2. Refer to Image below:
- Step 6. Select the Phone 2 option and click on the new option called AT+ as shown below.
- Step 7. Now in order to change your IMEI you need to replace AT+ with “AT+(Space) Your New 15 Digit IMEI Number”. Check the example below
Example – AT+ 123456789012335
- Step 8. Click on Send option at Command line to save your new settings and IMEI.
- Step 9. To confirm that the changes were made, reboot your device and dial *#6# to check your new IMEI.
Congratulations, you have successfully managed to change your IMEI Number on your Android Device. And you have done it without using root.
Method 3: How to change IMEI number Without root and without using any Tools
Step 1: Go to Engineer Tools on your android device. (Try dialing *#*#3646633#*#*)
Step 2: Go to CDS information in the Connectivity option as shown below.
Step 3: Choose Radio Information section and you will see Phone 1 and Phone 2 options
Step 4: Select Phone 1 for changing the first sim Slot IMEI.
Step 5: You need to type the following command to change the IMEI Number:
AT+ EGMR=1,7,” Your 1st IMEI Number”
Step 6: For the second IMEI, go to Phone 2 and type the following command
AT+ EGMR=1,10,” Your 2nd IMEI Number”
Once you press the send command button it should say that the Command was sent successfully. If you got this message then just reboot your phone. Your IMEI should be set as you needed.
It’s much easier to do with root and hence is the most preferred method. You can read the guide here.
Advantages of changing your IMEI Number
- Make your Android untraceable to a good extent. By changing your IMEI constantly, you will be able to avoid people who are trying to trace you. You need to change your IMEI, Mac address, and IP address constantly in order to be truly untraceable.
- You can fix any invalid IMEI-related issues such as lost or invalid IMEI numbers. Once you change your IMEI, your Android device will work as new.
- Obtaining a completely new device ID if that is what you wanted in the first place
Disadvantages of changing your IMEI number
- In many countries, it is illegal to change your IMEI Number—If you want to do it then check with your country laws to see if it is actually allowed. As far as we know it is illegal in European countries and also many states in American but I still recommend you check the laws as per your location.
- The IMEI number is hardcoded into your device and that is how they are supposed to be. Changing the IMEI numbers can damage and brick your device which can make it unusable. It has its risks so always proceed with caution.
- If you change your IMEI Number it is equivalent to Legally forfeiting your ownership of your mobile device. When you as a customer purchase your android device, the seller will note down the original IMEI number on your receipt as well as in their database for legal reasons. So if you change your IMEI number then the authorities cannot see if it is truly your device and thus in case of robberies it will be almost impossible to trace and recover your device.
I hope this guide has been informative for you and I thank you for reading it. If you were trying to restore your IMEI number then I hope this guide has been helpful for you. Have a great day.